What do Solar Energy Installation Managers do?
Direct work crews installing residential or commercial solar photovoltaic or thermal systems.
- Plan and coordinate installations of photovoltaic (PV) solar and solar thermal systems to ensure conformance to codes.
- Supervise solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Assess potential solar installation sites to determine feasibility and design requirements.
- Assess system performance or functionality at the system, subsystem, and component levels.
- Coordinate or schedule building inspections for solar installation projects.
- Monitor work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
- Perform start-up of systems for testing or customer implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to installers, technicians, or other solar professionals in areas such as solar electric systems, solar thermal systems, electrical systems, and mechanical systems.
- Visit customer sites to determine solar system needs, requirements, or specifications.
- Develop and maintain system architecture, including all piping, instrumentation, or process flow diagrams.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and personnel needed for residential or commercial solar installation projects.
- Evaluate subcontractors or subcontractor bids for quality, cost, and reliability.
- Identify means to reduce costs, minimize risks, or increase efficiency of solar installation projects.
- Prepare solar installation project proposals, quotes, budgets, or schedules.
- Purchase or rent equipment for solar energy system installation.
Related Jobs (Solar Energy Installation Managers)