What do Pile-Driver Operators do?
Operate pile drivers mounted on skids, barges, crawler treads, or locomotive cranes to drive pilings for retaining walls, bulkheads, and foundations of structures, such as buildings, bridges, and piers.
- Move hand and foot levers of hoisting equipment to position piling leads, hoist piling into leads, and position hammers over pilings.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Drive pilings to provide support for buildings or other structures, using heavy equipment with a pile driver head.
- Move levers and turn valves to activate power hammers, or to raise and lower drophammers that drive piles to required depths.
- Clean, lubricate, and refill equipment.
Related Jobs (Pile-Driver Operators)