What do Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall do?
Line and cover structures with insulating materials. May work with batt, roll, or blown insulation materials.
- Read blueprints and select appropriate insulation, based on space characteristics and the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
- Cover and line structures with blown or rolled forms of materials to insulate against cold, heat, or moisture, using saws, knives, rasps, trowels, blowers, or other tools and implements.
- Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials to structures or surfaces, using hand tools or wires.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments, or cement mortars.
- Fill blower hoppers with insulating materials.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers and regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Remove old insulation such as asbestos, following safety procedures.
Related Jobs (Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall)